Action for Rail is a campaign involving the TUC, and its affiliated unions with members working on the railways – ASLEF, RMT, TSSA and Unite. Its aim is to work with passenger groups, rail campaigners and environmentalists to campaign against cuts to rail services and staffing and to promote the case for integrated, national rail under public ownership.
Freight on Rail is a partnership between the rail trade unions, the rail freight industry and Campaign for Better Transport.
Since 2010 ASLEF has played a leading role in the development of a Network Rail and Samaritans suicide prevention programme which aims to reduce the number of railway suicides and provide support to those affected by them.
Latest ASLEF news
- ASLEF denounces East Coast sell-off
- ORR disagreement resolved
- Scottish Labour snubs CLPs and unions in election
- Deal finally reached to electrify Welsh Valley Lines with franchise responsibility to be handed to Welsh government
- New report proves rail privatisation has led to UK passengers subsiding European Railways by over £100m
This month's Journal includes features on the Scottish elections, the South Yorkshire Freedom Riders, TTIP and ASLEF education
'Striving to ensure we always deliver for our members'