What you can expect from ASLEF
When you join ASLEF you gain from our strength and experience. The union offers numerous benefits to members - but it's not all one way: as a democratically run union, we welcome participation from members. Indeed, an active membership is what keeps us strong.
All new members can expect to receive a joining, information pack which includes their union membership badge and card. They also receive a copy of the ASLEF rule book, an ASLEF diary and details of services available to them as members.
What you get
Members of ASLEF are part of a democratically controlled union and can expect equality and fairness along with the rights to:
- receive regular information on ASLEF and its work participate in branch meetings, discussions and educational activities arranged by the Society to ensure the right to freedom of association and trade union activity needs.
- stand for election to any union position subject to the requirements of rules.
- speak and vote on all questions at the branch
- hold to account representatives elected on their behalf.
- raise questions about any matter at their branch.
- a right of appeal if disciplined by the Executive Committee
- expect protection from harassment, sexual or racial abuse
- legal assistance (subject to rule provisions) for accidents at work, injury by accident off duty(including dependants)
- free initial legal advice and other legal services
- distress and hardship benefit
- access to membership services