This page lets you navigate through the archived news.
- Ballot for "One" Industrial Action suspended - Referendum on revised offer
- 22/12/2005After emergency talks between the National Organiser Andy Reed, members of the Executive Committee and representatives from ‘one’ Railway, the company have agreed to make substantial improvements to the current 2005 pay claim.
- Union targets corporate manslaughter for safety day activities
- 20/12/2005ASLEF"s central demand on the International Transport Federation"s Day of Action on Safety in March will be for progress on corporate manslaughter.
- One Rail:Two Faces
- 20/12/2005Newsletter that was sent yesterday to all ASLEF members in ONE Railway.
- Fresh defeats for BNP
- 15/12/2005THE British National Party failed to make the impact it had hoped for in three council by-elections on December 1st.
- Strike Ballot for ONE Railway Drivers
- 14/12/2005ASLEF¹s Executive Committee today authorised a ballot for industrial action of drivers working for "One" railway. The result will be known on 18 January and if it is positive, will affect all train services into and out of Liverpool Street station at the end of the month.
- Rest easy the Cornish sleeper train is saved!
- 14/12/2005ASLEF is delighted that trade secretary Alistair Darling has ensued that the Cornish sleeper train will be retained. General Secretary Keith Norman says the union joined the campaign not because of a romantic attachment to the past but because it provides a genuine service to business and holiday-makers, takes traffic off the roads and increases public attachment to railways.
- Contracts awarded to run Greater Western and Thameslink/GN franchises
- 13/12/2005Alistair Darling the Secretary of State has today announced that Written First Group has been awarded contracts to run the Greater Western and Thameslink/GN (Great Northern) franchises. Both contracts will commence on 01 April next year.
- Ballot for Industrial Action
- 09/12/2005This week the Executive Committee gave consideration for Industrial Action to be taken over Midland Mainline.
- Central Trains abrogation of agreements
- 09/12/2005The Executive Committee are supporting union members of Central Trains in their quest for adequate rostering.
- Freight campaign success
- 09/12/2005THE government has refused to allow 60-tonne and 84-tonne lorries on to British roads.